首页 News 正文

According to Securities Times, Republican presidential candidate Trump has stated that if he takes office again, he will consider canceling the federal tax credit of up to $7500 for purchasing electric vehicles. Trump also stated that he is willing to consider providing a cabinet or advisory position for Tesla CEO Musk.
Subsequently, Musk quickly responded to the matter that evening, saying, 'I am willing to serve.'. Analysis suggests that Trump's policies related to electric vehicles are not conducive to Tesla, the global leader in electric vehicles. However, Musk, who has become a staunch ally, has not changed his public support for Trump.
Trump also mentioned that he will impose new tariffs to prevent the Detroit Big Three (General Motors, Ford, Stellantis Group) and other car manufacturers from producing and exporting cars from Mexico to the United States. But Trump continues to welcome car companies to produce in the United States, saying, "If China and other countries want to sell cars here, they will build factories here and hire our workers. We will manufacture our own cars
Trump's latest statement
According to a report by Reuters cited by the Securities Times, Trump stated in an interview with the media on the 19th that if elected, he would consider canceling the federal tax credit of up to $7500 for purchasing electric vehicles and be willing to consider providing a cabinet or advisory position for Tesla CEO Musk.
After a campaign event in York, Pennsylvania, when asked about tax credits for electric vehicles, Trump said, "Tax credits and tax incentives are usually not a good thing, and I haven't made a final decision yet. I really like electric cars, but I also like gasoline powered cars, hybrid cars, and other things that may arise
However, Trump added that if he returns to the White House, he will repeal the Biden administration's regulations that have prompted automakers to produce more electric and hybrid cars to meet stricter emission standards. He believes that due to cost and battery life issues, the market size of electric vehicles is "much smaller".
Reuters reported that Trump was referring to the $7500 US electric vehicle tax credit policy that he had long wanted to repeal during his presidency (2019), and the Biden administration expanded the scope of this policy in 2022. The report points out that if Trump takes office again, he may take measures to overturn the regulations of the US Treasury Department or directly demand that the US Congress completely abolish this regulation.
When asked if he would consider appointing Musk to an advisory or cabinet position, Trump expressed willingness to consider it. He is a very intelligent person. If he is willing, of course I will consider it. "In response, Musk posted on social media X with pictures and wrote," I am willing to serve.
According to media reports, US Republican presidential candidate Trump conducted a two-hour live interview with Tesla CEO Musk on social media X (formerly Twitter) on the evening of the 12th local time.
In the two hours, the two talked about Trump's previous assassination, and discussed issues such as the US election, border security, government spending and treasury bond, inflation and energy.
The conversation on that day was originally scheduled to start at 8 PM Eastern Time, but it was postponed for over 40 minutes due to technical issues. At the beginning of the conversation, Musk asked Trump to describe the assassination he had just experienced. If I hadn't turned my head back then, I wouldn't be able to talk to you here now, even though I admire you, "Trump said as he turned his head to look at the illegal immigration forms on the big screen, but the bullet grazed his ear in less than a second.
Musk said that from Trump's reaction to the shooting, he knew he was a strong person, which is crucial for the United States. "You can't replicate courage
Both believe that the large number of illegal immigrants has affected the social security of the United States and that the Biden administration has failed to ensure border security. Trump has stated that if elected, he will take the largest illegal immigration deportation action in US history.
Trump: Get Taylor Swift's support!
According to Xinhua News Agency on August 20th, former US President and Republican presidential candidate Trump recently posted pictures of singer Taylor Swift on his social media platform "Real Social", implying that she had "gained" support from Taylor Swift and her fans in the election, but some of these pictures were generated by artificial intelligence.
Taylor Swift supported Biden in the 2020 election, but she did not publicly express her support for any party or candidate in this election. According to reference sources citing Reuters, multiple Swift fans and monitoring organizations have stated that the multiple photos released by Trump appear to be fake images generated by artificial intelligence.
Swift has not publicly expressed her support for any 2024 presidential candidate so far. She had previously publicly supported the Democratic Party. Swift and Trump's spokespersons did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
It is worth mentioning that US Vice President Harris, who locked the nomination of the Democratic presidential candidate, said at a campaign rally in North Carolina on the 16th that the import tariff proposed by Trump is equivalent to imposing a "Trump tax" on the daily necessities imported by the United States from other countries, which will increase the living burden of Americans and "destroy Americans".
Harris announced a series of economic plans on the same day and compared them to his opponent, Republican presidential candidate Trump's economic plan. The media evaluation said that Harris' economic plan is generally consistent with the Biden administration, but emphasizes more on reducing the cost of living.
Xinhua News Agency video screenshot
During the Biden Harris administration, inflation remained high and prices skyrocketed in the United States. Harris acknowledges that current prices of everyday goods in the United States are "too high," but she says Trump's economic plan will make it "even higher.
Trump's economic plan includes imposing high tariffs on imported products. Harris said that this is equivalent to a "national sales tax" on the daily necessities and necessities imported from other countries, which means that the burden of daily life of Americans will increase.
Harris referred to it as the 'Trump tax', which includes' Trump gasoline tax, Trump food tax, Trump clothing tax, and Trump over-the-counter drug tax '. Harris said that economists estimate that Trump's plan will result in an additional $3900 in annual expenses for an average American household.
Daily Economic News, Comprehensive Securities Times, First Financial News, Xinhua News Agency, Reference News
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

楚一帆 注册会员
  • 粉丝

• 关注

• 主题