首页 News 正文

Has the "Palace Battle" drama of OpenAI undergone a major reversal?
According to the latest news from multiple media outlets, the board of directors who expelled former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is approaching a compromise and considering overturning its decision.
On Sunday local time, Altman posted a photo of himself wearing an OpenAI visitor card on social media platform X, with the caption: "This is my first and last time wearing this
Previously, OpenAI released an official announcement on the 17th local time, announcing that Sam Altman would be relieved of his position as CEO and board of directors, with the company's Chief Technology Officer Mira Murati immediately taking over.
And this major reversal has also made many people sigh, as Altman completed Steve Jobs' script over a weekend.
Outgoing employees such as Ultraman may all return
According to insiders, Jason Kwon, the CEO of OpenAI, told employees in a memo on Saturday night that OpenAI is "optimistic" that the company can bring key employees such as former CEO Sam Altman and former CEO Greg Brockman, who were fired on Friday, back to work.
On November 17th, Eastern Time, when Sam Altman was suddenly dismissed, former CEO Greg Brockman also announced his resignation in protest. After the news that the two were forced to leave OpenAI was announced, several employees immediately announced their resignations to express their dissatisfaction. According to media reports, many senior employees of OpenAI have taken a stance of working together with Altman.
Meanwhile, major investors, including Microsoft, have also expressed support for Sam Altman and demanded that he take the helm again.
Under pressure from investors and employees, the board of directors may be forced to withdraw its decision to initiate internal conflicts.
Jason Kwon wrote, "We are still striving to find a solution and remain optimistic... When we say a solution, we mean bringing back colleagues like Sam and Greg who have left, and continuing to enable those who wish to work in AGI research, safety, product, and policy to do their best here
According to insiders, Altman is open to a return and hopes to replace existing board members. The board of directors agreed in principle to resign, but as of the time of publication, they refused to formally resign.
Altman: The first and last time
In addition, according to media reports, at the invitation of Mira Murati, the interim CEO of OpenAI, former CEO Sam Altman and former CEO Greg Brockman, who were dismissed, returned to the company's headquarters in San Francisco on Sunday to discuss the possibility of returning to the company behind the ChatGPT chat robot.
On the same day, Altman also posted a photo of himself wearing an OpenAI visitor card on social media platform X, with the caption: "This is my first and last time wearing this
Discharged for being called 'dishonest', netizens lament: completing Steve Jobs' script over a weekend
On November 17th local time, OpenAI released an official announcement announcing that Sam Altman would be relieved of his CEO and board of directors positions, with the company's Chief Technology Officer Mira Murati immediately taking over.
In the official announcement, OpenAI stated that "Altman's resignation was conducted after the board of directors conducted a review process, which concluded that he was not consistently honest in his communication with the board, which hindered the board's ability to fulfill its responsibilities." The announcement further stated that the board of directors no longer had confidence in Altman's ability to continue leading OpenAI, Chief Technology Officer Mira Murati will serve as the interim CEO, and the company will also seek a suitable CEO successor.
Altman also posted an article on his social network announcing his departure. He said, "I enjoy my time at OpenAI. This experience has been transformative for me and I hope to have some impact on the world. Most importantly, I enjoy working with these talented people
OpenAI is a science and technology innovation company invested by American technology giant Microsoft. With the support of Microsoft's huge investment, OpenAI was able to launch the chat robot ChatGPT in November last year, triggering a wave of generative artificial intelligence. After the announcement of personnel changes on the 17th, Microsoft's stock price also fell in response, closing down nearly 1.7% on the same day. A Microsoft spokesperson said, "Microsoft will continue to maintain a long-term partnership with OpenAI, abide by its investment commitment to OpenAI, and bring the next era of artificial intelligence to our customers
And this major reversal has also made many people sigh, as Altman completed Steve Jobs' script over a weekend. In 1985, under competitive pressure from IBM computers, the Apple board of directors decided to expel Steve Jobs from the company he founded. Over the next 11 years, Apple's declining product strength put it in a precarious situation. In 1996, Steve Jobs returned to Apple with the momentum of the return of the king, leading the development of products including iMac, iPhone, iPod, and others, making Apple a great innovative company again.
标签: Grandplay
CandyLake.com 系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储空间服务。
声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,本文不代表CandyLake.com立场,且不构成建议,请谨慎对待。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

股海静观陶 新手上路
  • 粉丝

• 关注

• 主题