首页 News 正文

I never expected that I would fall from the elevator on the 96th floor of the St. Regis Hotel in Shenzhen. Such a big safety accident, after 10 months, the hotel still hasn't given me a clear answer. "On the evening of August 19th, netizen Mr. Guan posted a video on social media, telling his experience. He said that the reason why it took so long to speak up was because he had been patiently waiting, and what he didn't expect was the hotel's silence for 10 months. "I just demanded to know the truth of that day
According to a report by Tide News, on August 20th, the reporter called the St. Regis Shenzhen Hotel. The head of the hotel's marketing communication department stated that they have been in contact with the guests regarding this matter, but it is not convenient to disclose more information. The reporter learned that on May 9, 2024, the Luohu Supervision Bureau of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration for Market Regulation imposed administrative penalties on the Shenzhen branch of Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co., Ltd., the manufacturer of the accident elevator, regarding this matter.
According to Xinhua News Agency, on August 20th, the reporter contacted the hotel and elevator maintenance company, Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Shenzhen Branch. The hotel staff responded that the two parties are currently unable to reach an agreement on compensation matters: "There was indeed an incident, but it was not a falling elevator, it was a timely braking of the high-speed elevator system during self inspection." The elevator operation and maintenance party stated, "We have no right to disclose
Getting takeout and falling from the 96th floor ladder, injured
More than 20000 yuan has been spent on treatment expenses
Based on comprehensive news and the New Yellow River, Mr. Guan told reporters that on November 17, 2023, he checked into the St. Regis Hotel in Shenzhen. At 19:45, he took the elevator from the 96th floor to the first floor to pick up takeout. At first, the elevator was normal, but after a while, there was a sudden violent vibration and emergency stop. He fell to the ground instantly, and the entire elevator was filled with noise and smoke, and the elevator screen was also "snowflake screen".
New Yellow River
My back of the head hit the ground, and my right foot was in severe pain. I lost consciousness for a moment, but later regained consciousness, "Mr. Guan said. About half an hour later, when he was rescued, he found out that the elevator had finally stopped at the 9th floor." This elevator only has two buttons, the 1st floor and the 96th floor, and it is a high-speed elevator that goes directly to the 96th floor. The speed is about 30 kilometers per hour, which is 5-10 times that of a regular elevator
After arriving at the 96th floor, guests need to transfer to another elevator to get to their room, "Mr. Guan said. The hotel has four elevators of the same model and batch, all of which reach the 96th floor.
After the accident, Mr. Guan hit 4 steel plates and 4 steel nails on his right foot. The interviewee provided trendy news
After being rescued and sent to the hospital, Mr. Guan suffered 7 comminuted fractures in his right foot. He was hit with 4 steel plates and 4 steel nails, and was bedridden for two months. During this period, he also underwent nail removal surgery and was in a wheelchair for four months. Until now, he still has 4 steel plates and 1 steel nail on the back of his right foot and needs crutches to move freely.
On that day, after I was taken to the hospital, the hotel advanced the medical expenses, "Mr. Guan said, but after arriving in Beijing for treatment, all the treatment costs were paid by himself. According to New Yellow River, as of now, Mr. Guan has personally paid more than 20000 yuan for medical expenses and will need to undergo a second surgery to remove other steel plates.
In addition, in May of this year, Mr. Guan's lawyer flew to Shenzhen to negotiate with the hotel. The hotel staff verbally promised to disclose the cause of the accident to him, but after the lawyer left, the hotel immediately reneged and refused to disclose any cause of the accident.
On August 20th, a reporter from Tide News contacted the head of the marketing communication department at the Shenzhen St. Regis Hotel, who said, "We have been publicly investigating the causes of all accidents to him, and it is not convenient to disclose the causes to the media. Currently, we are still communicating with guests and expressing our concern for him. We do not want to occupy public resources, and we want to solve problems with him
When asked about medical expense compensation, the person in charge said, 'We have been communicating with him all along, and we are also communicating today.'.
But Mr. Guan does not approve of the hotel's response. "I currently have no knowledge of the cause of the accident, and the hotel has not shown me any appraisal report. I am fully responsible for every word I say. Their general manager's contact with me ended on March 15th of this year
In the past 10 months, Mr. Guan has also reported to the Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration. According to the information provided by Mr. Guan, on May 9, 2024, the Luohu Supervision Bureau of the Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration imposed administrative penalties on the accident elevator manufacturer Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch. According to the official website of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration for Market Regulation, in the case of "Safety Hazards in the Maintenance of Elevators by Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch", the elevator maintenance unit was fined 20000 yuan for failing to fulfill its elevator maintenance responsibilities in accordance with regulations. But currently, the reporter has not found this information at the Luohu Supervision Bureau of the Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration.
On August 21st, the reporter called the relevant department of the Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration, but no one answered the phone.
Respondent provided pictures
Every time I see my immobile toes and scars now, it reminds me of that terrifying moment, "Mr. Guan said. He felt like he couldn't get out of this shadow for a long time and just wanted to know the truth about the accident.
The injured reported that the elevator involved is still in operation
The hotel denies it was a ladder accident
According to a report by New Yellow River, Mr. Guan stated that the elevator that caused his injury has been running continuously. He spoke out on social media to give an explanation, saying, "This hotel is an internet celebrity check-in point, and many people go to the restaurant and bar on top of the hotel to check-in and take photos every day." He expressed his demands to New Yellow River reporters: "Firstly, I hope the hotel can explain the cause of the elevator accident; secondly, I hope the St. Regis Hotel can publicly apologize and show society a responsible corporate attitude, respect consumers' personal safety and basic rights; thirdly, I hope the St. Regis Hotel can verify and compensate according to relevant regulations
According to public information, The Ritz Carlton Shenzhen is a luxury brand under Marriott Group, located in the center of Luohu District, Shenzhen. It is situated at the top of the landmark Jingji 100 Building in Shenzhen, with a total height of 441 meters. Since its opening in 2011, it has become one of the most famous hotels in China. The hotel lobby is located on the 96th floor, where guests can enjoy a 360 degree panoramic view.
The New Yellow River reporter learned that the hotel has a total of 4 passenger elevators, brand Mitsubishi, operated and maintained by Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch. Mr. Guan questioned the operation and maintenance of the hotel elevator, which is a high-speed elevator with a running speed of up to 9 meters per second, which is 5 to 10 times faster than ordinary elevators. The four elevators are of the same model, why did the elevator I was riding have an accident? Is it a design defect or a product quality issue.
On the morning of August 20th, the reporter contacted a senior management personnel of the Shenzhen St. Regis Hotel, who stated that there was indeed an incident in November last year where the elevator operated and caused injuries to guests, but denied the "falling elevator" accident. It's not a falling elevator, it's a braking during the elevator's descent. During the system self-test, the elevator found some parameters that were different from usual, so it promptly applied the 'brake'. Because the elevator is running at high speed, the 'brake' speed is relatively fast
The management said that after the injury incident, the hotel has been paying attention to and following up on the relevant situation. "The incident did happen, and we negotiated and apologized. We also arranged for the insurance company to contact the other party regarding compensation. However, the compensation he requested was not agreed upon with us, so the matter has been dragging on until now." Regarding the specific cause of the elevator accident, the hotel management said, "The professionalism in this area is very strong. What caused the elevator to brake rapidly requires Mitsubishi Elevator or the safety supervision department to provide an explanation, but the hotel cannot provide one." Subsequently, the reporter called the elevator operation and maintenance company, Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Shenzhen Branch, and after expressing their intention, the staff responded, "I have no right to disclose
Daily Economic News Comprehensive from New Yellow River (Reporter: Li Rui), Tide News (Reporter: Jia Xiaowen)
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

笑对人生153 新手上路
  • 粉丝

• 关注

• 主题