首页 News 正文

The fate of Polish engineer Adrian Hamczyk first became entangled with China 9 years ago.
He was 26 years old that year and had just graduated from university with a major in machine automation. He worked for an OEM (contract manufacturing) company in Germany. The company is developing innovative product production lines for some automotive brands, including Audi, which is a long-term project. They also deployed the production lines to Tianjin at that time. This means that he must frequently travel back and forth between the two places, which was the earliest connection he had with China.
In the past decade or so, China has entered a fast lane of car manufacturing, especially the electric vehicle industry, which has entered a period of rapid development. Adrian has personally experienced the booming and bustling market. In 2020, he received offers from several companies at the same time, one of which was Tesla (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., with its office located at the Tesla Shanghai Superfactory in Lingang, Shanghai.
He almost immediately chose Tesla. "No engineer can refuse Tesla," he told the Morning News · Thoughtful reporter in an interview. During his three years of working and living near the port, Adrian not only improved his business skills, but also gradually realized his own transformation.
An engineer from a small Central European country that some people have never heard of, and a fake male engineer. Shy, introverted, and sensitive, but constantly breaking through comfort zones, opening up arms to the surroundings and world, striving to become a stronger and better person. The best choice
"Tesla is definitely the best choice," he emphasized. "I'm not saying this out of economic considerations, but because of the company itself. Because of the meaning represented by the name Tesla itself, and because of what they do."
In Adrian's view, Tesla is not just a car manufacturing company, but a company that tries to challenge, constantly raise questions about existing solutions, and try to find new solutions for existing problems, thus making electric vehicles faster and smarter.
So, being a part of Tesla, being a part of this team, is something that every proactive engineer who pursues new challenges will definitely feel proud of. It's like a long-term dream has been realized overnight. "Because we can develop ourselves here and further apply our accumulated knowledge to the field of production."
When people come to an unfamiliar place, they always have to solve their life problems first before they can focus on work. Adrian mentioned that, I had contact with the Tesla team before arriving in Hong Kong, and they had already sent me some rental options, including the public rental housing provided here, which I could apply for. However, because my wife is Chinese and she has a good understanding of the rental market here, we decided to find a house ourselves. In less than a week, we found the house and I am very satisfied. We have been living here for a long time Between. "
With the full help of the company, it only took him a few days before and after moving, and he quickly entered a working state.
For some people, it's a challenge,
For others, it's an opportunity
Adrian admits that he also encountered difficulties when he first arrived in a new work environment. "Because Tesla is a large organization, you must first understand what the work network is like here and how everyone does things. But these are very common difficulties that you will encounter when changing workplaces," he said, "The key is not what difficulties you have encountered, but how much and how much help you have received from the beginning, so that my knowledge and experience can be better utilized and I can start working more effectively as soon as possible."
At Tesla, there are many talented and experienced engineers. "There are also many colleagues from the United States who share with us what the name Tesla means and how we work here. The other engineers in our team have also given me good guidance."
He emphasized that,
Every time you enter a new environment, it means encountering new people and places, and we need to conquer something. This is both a challenge and an opportunity, and the real problem lies in how we view it and how we define it. Some people see challenges, but others see opportunities. The important thing is to be able to do what you love, and know why you are doing it every day when you go to work Are you going there. Having goals and clear intentions, as long as your work aligns with your goals, it is not a challenge, but an opportunity
At Tesla, Adrian has gained many opportunities. I can learn a lot, and I have good collaboration with other engineers. Yes, sometimes there are tricky things at work, but those difficulties are a part of growth. I think it can be said that since joining Tesla, I have become a different and brand new person, not only in the field of engineering, but also in personality. You grow through every day and every project, and every difficulty makes you different Being stronger is definitely a great experience and a great development process
Through daily work and communication with the team, he has gained a deeper understanding of Chinese culture. "I think Chinese people are super hardworking and very dedicated to their work." In Adrian's opinion, "this kind of focus and dedication has had a great impact on the production of our cars."
Lingang is developing into a livable place
Adrian has been working in the port for 3 years, and recently, he finally obtained a PR (Permanent Residence Certificate) as he wished.
The application process took him over a year. "Nowadays, it is becoming increasingly difficult for foreigners to apply for PR, and I am fortunate to have it. With it, I can definitely improve my quality of life in China, simplify many tedious tasks, and not everyone can get it."
He felt that getting the PR explained three points.
"Firstly, I deserve it; secondly, I have received support from multiple parties; thirdly, I have taken the right direction at the right time and in the right place, and have done well."
Adrian plans to live in the port for the long term, "because it's very convenient from where I work, and the surrounding development is becoming more and more perfect. I think if you have good job opportunities here, then this is the right place for you."
Over the years, he has witnessed Lingang developing into a livable place. "If you go to Dishui Lake, you will be surprised how great this place is. Especially in summer, you can bring your tent to the lake for camping and barbecue."
He and his wife live next to Wanda Plaza, and every day, Tesla's Shanghai Super Factory shuttle bus takes him and other colleagues back and forth between the factory and their respective residences on time. He remembers when he first came here, because factories were being built everywhere, the roads were bumpy, and the road conditions were very bad. It takes 50 minutes to commute one way every day. Now, the factory has been built, the road has been repaired, and the traffic has been restored to smoothness. It takes less than 20 minutes from his home to the factory.
In his spare time, he and his wife work out at home and take care of the stray cats in the community. Feed them food and water, and if they encounter poor physical conditions, promptly seek medical treatment. "Not only us, but also many local residents in the community take turns taking responsibility for taking care of these animals." This made him feel that Shanghai is a place of love.
After the epidemic last spring, his connection with the neighbors in the community has become even closer. At that time, seeing many elderly residents in urgent need of help, he and his wife voluntarily signed up as volunteers to deliver groceries to their homes.
For an introverted person like him, taking this step is not easy, but he has been trying to change himself. Behind this change, there is a contribution from the wife.
"I met her in Tianjin in 2016, and as I mentioned before, Tianjin was my first connection with China..." Adrian became even more shy when it came to his wife. "Usually, if you ask an engineer about a love story like this, it may be very challenging, but let me try to tell you."
He remembers that it was not long after the Spring Festival, and it got dark very early, and Tianjin was a northern city, so it was very cold. The weather can greatly affect a person's mood, especially for introverted and sensitive individuals like him. "I am a very shy person and have no friends in Tianjin. After meeting this warm and friendly lady at the gym, she brought me a lot of help."
At first, things didn't go smoothly between them,
"Because we faced many cultural and communication differences, we ultimately overcame all challenges and difficulties because we wanted to be with each other. We reached a consensus on one thing, which is that love is like a flower. If you want it to bloom, you need to keep watering it carefully, which is very important."
When he decided to come to Lingang, his wife abandoned everything in Tianjin and started a new life here with him.
Postscript
In China, we can see more and more electric vehicles driving on roads of all sizes every day. Many of them come from Tesla. Adrian said, "As manufacturers, we have every reason to feel genuinely proud every time we see a Tesla drive by."
"If you ask me if gasoline cars produced in China have a chance to conquer the European and American markets, I would say it's unlikely." But he thinks electric cars are different,
"In the field of electric vehicles, I have seen opportunities that belong to Chinese manufacturing. What will happen when they extend to foreign markets? We can wait and see."
CandyLake.com 系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储空间服务。
声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,本文不代表CandyLake.com立场,且不构成建议,请谨慎对待。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

• AIエクスプレスによると、10月3日、米株の人気の中概株盤の前が低くなり、ピッピッピッと5%近く下落し、相多、名創優品、小鵬自動車は3%超下落し、百度、蔚来自動車、京東は2%超下落した。 ...
    SOGO
    昨天 17:06
    支持
    反对
    回复
    收藏
  • ナスダック中国の金龍指数は5%超上昇し、楽しい自動車は120%超上昇し、金山雲は18%超上昇し、ピシャリと12%超上昇し、子牛の電動、怪獣の充電は10%超上昇し、愛奇芸は8%超上昇し、テンセント音楽、新東方は7%超上昇 ...
    hecgdge4
    昨天 10:28
    支持
    反对
    回复
    收藏
  • 10月1日、理想自動車が9月に納入したデータによると、9月に理想自動車が新車53709台を納入し、前年同月比48.9%増となった。 今年第3四半期、理想自動車は前年同期比45.4%増の152831台を納入した。今年9月30日現在、 ...
    就放荡不羁就h
    前天 12:06
    支持
    反对
    回复
    收藏
  • 10月1日、極クリプトン自動車が発表したデータによると、今年第3四半期に新車が累計14万2900台納入され、前年同期比81%増となった。このうち、9月に新車を納入したのは2万13万人で、前年同期比77%、前月比18%増だっ ...
    内托体头
    3 天前
    支持
    反对
    回复
    收藏
六月清晨搅 注册会员
  • 粉丝

• 关注

• 主题